8 Healthy Shopping Tips
- Avoid shopping on an empty stomach – All that is on your mind is food and you will tend to grab whatever is on your mind.
- Make a list - Before you go food shopping, plan your meals for the week.
- Choose the low-fat option - For example, select low-fat milk, cheese, yogurt and salad dressings.
- Buy leaner cuts of meat - If unsure, look for the Heart Foundation tick of approval.
- Skinless chicken- Chicken skin contains loads of calories and saturated fat, so skinless chicken breasts are a healthier choice.
- Cut back on processed meats - Limit your consumption of salami, ham, corned beef, bacon, smoked salmon, sausages etc.
- Purchase fresh or frozen vegetables - Canned and pickled vegetables tend to be high in added salt.
- Read the ingredients, not just the nutritional label - The fewer ingredients, the better. If you apply that general concept to grocery shopping, you’re automatically starting at a healthier place due to overall elimination of the added sugars, fats, and preservatives as you will be focusing on the most wholesome version of the food.
Quote of the Month – ”Opportunities don't happen, you create them” – Chris Grosser.
Book a session with us today!
Thank you for taking the time to read my newsletter.
Until next month…Evie xx